Friday, April 6, 2012

Waitin' around

The electrical inspector was scheduled to come today to check out the work we've had done in our kitchen.  They didn't tell me what time to expect him, so I knew I was in for a wait.  I resisted the urge to venture out or even take a shower lest I miss him.  I tried to enjoy the day while I waited.
 I took advantage of the sunshine to hang the cloth diapers out to dry. 
Ole did some swinging in the sun and his new shades.
 We checked out the garden.  Last year's beets are still looking pretty good.
 I love these bright spring colors--very carroty.
 Milton's curls are starting to grow in again.  I just love the way his ears flip out at the end.
Ole spent a long time flipping through the Poky Little Puppy.  I've always had a sentimental spot for this cute book, but I'm not sure I'd ever read it.  Now that I have, I must say the plot line is not very compelling; the naughty puppies go to bed with no dessert and the poky puppy shows up late and eats it all until eventually the naughty puppies reform and then they get dessert and the poky little puppy gets none.  Is that it? The illustrations are great, though, and Ole sure seemed to enjoy it.
So we had a great day.  Of course, the inspector never did show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment