Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Alright already, enough with the parades!

We hit two more parades in the last week, and I think I've finally had my fill for the summer at four.
The Dufur Threshing Bee's parade is really more of a tractor exhibition with a few draft horses and muscle cars. We've been going for years and it's a fun day to revisit our old favorites--the guy who refurbishes and sells hand tools, the women who card and spin, the tractor pull. And it is so enjoyable to introduce all these things to our little guy.
Waiting for the parade to start
Ith my tongue blue?
Then it was on to the Skamania County Fair in Stevenson, Washington. We visited Saturday morning to catch the parade through downtown. Bagpipers and Bigfoot...that really says it all.

I love the walk to the fairgrounds over this great foot bridge.
My two favorite parts of the county fair are the animal barns and the 4-H exhibits, so we checked those out first.
Ole watched the ducks from all angles.
A wall of dahlias.  

The theme this year was beekeeping, so there were lots of great displays and an observation hive set up in this nice, cool veggie room. We spent quite a bit of time in here. I also saw some of the biggest onions I've ever seen in.my.life. If I'd entered the Zucchini-Large category, however, I would have swept it.
Lots of prize-winning garlic.
Gobble gobble...my goodness, they are strange creatures.
Pretty nice ferris wheel backdrop, I would say.


No comments:

Post a Comment