Saturday, August 25, 2012

Evening chores

The fruit trees out back were in need of a good water.  It has been hot and dry for more than a month now, and the deer have been nibbling leaves from our little saplings.  We managed to fence the trees and now we're trying to coax them back to good health with regular watering. It's nice to have a helper.
OK, Ole, this is how we fill the water buckets.
I think I've got this all figured out.
Yep, I've got it.
Wait, Dad, am I doing this right?

After all that hard work filling and hauling buckets, Ole toddled over to plum trees on the edge of the yard.  They are so heavy with fruit that the branches hang down to the ground in places.  The ripe plums are small and golden yellow and very sweet. After watching me pick one, he quickly figured out how to pluck the fruit. Then he developed a rhythm...pick, bite, drop, pick, bite, drop.



No comments:

Post a Comment