Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Getting crafty

I haven't done much sewing lately; the nesting urge that drives so many women to sew and make quilts in pregnancy never hit me.  This recent bout of rainy weather has inspired me, though, so I unfolded the sewing machine and got started today.  I wanted to start with something simple, so I'm crafting a pair of baby yoga pants for Ole from an old t-shirt (I love reusing old stuff!).  I used another pair of his pants as a guide.
It's a super quick project--no hand stitching, no pinning or ironing, no hemming even.  The seam ripper only made one brief appearance.  Oopsie!  They're coming together now, just need to slide the elastic through the waistband.  
An old-fashioned diaper pin does the trick.
So, Ole, what do you think of your new pants?  He likes them!
Alex had better lock his t-shirt drawer or I will raid it to sew pants of every color.

No comments:

Post a Comment