Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Passing the time

Well, it's one week past my due date and I'm still pregnant.  I'm trying to see the bright side of things (In France, today would be the day as they use 41 weeks as a due date), but it is getting a bit miserable.  Luckily the weather is perfect and there is plenty to do around here.
Cooking, for example.   I baked this egg dish with little bantam eggs and beet greens from the garden and baked a loaf of soft wheat bread.  A little garden lettuce and basil and it turned into a nice meal.
And let's not forget about the goats.  We sheared stinky Iva Belle with our slick new shearing machine...much better.
Before 



During.
After...happy again.
Her fiber has turned into a really nice latte color, kind of like a weimaraner.
Also, I'm getting in some quality "sitting around" time.  Though my instincts tell me to clean all day, I've been forcing myself to relax and sit outside and watch the world go by.

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking about you Kate and wondered if you would post when the baby arrived. Missy is preoccupied with moving and coming back for Jacquie's wedding so I could not count on her for news. I am sending lots of good karma your way for a wonderful labor, delivery and healthy baby.
    Missy's Mom Sandi

    ReplyDelete